Succession hiring At People first we support you in
Identifying business critical roles
Mapping mid and senior leadership roles keeping in mind the evolving vision, future market demands, expansion plans and organization ethos.
Crafting Ideal Role requirement
We then co-craft the role of an ideal successor helping you cull out specific functional/technical skills, core attitudes, natural talents, styles of interaction, aspirations and leadership poise the founder/leader needs to hold.
We help you proactively plan the selection process by framing effective processes. We co-reflect with data, insights and intuition if the position is best-filled internally or source great potential by mapping them in the market.
Finetuning developmental needs
We also sensitize the degree of grooming needed and developmental strategies to be put in place.
Sourcing Potential for universal talent pool
Through our hiring experts we tap the market for the potential successors, profile their skills, role competencies, leadership styles, strengths, vision, and aspirations.
Onboarding & Integration
We continue to guide our clients till the auspicious onboarding of the successors.
- Fostering organizational growth when the leader retiring or moving to the next venture. Maintains equilibrium for next gen leaders.
- Lowering the risk of sudden leadership changes. Making the transition gradual and smooth over time.
- Setting up clear communication among the key people and aligns with the future business goals.
Defining a right time, may be very subjective. Yet what we recommend is ‘It is better to be prepared, than making hard decisions at an exit point.’
- Bringing a fresh perspective to the table and also drawing neutral strategies.
- Objective and precise analysis of the current situation and integration with future impact.
- Profiling and making a fair judgment on the succession plan & hire.
- Creating a safe and smooth transitional environment, being mindful of upcoming challenges.
- We need to hire external talent as a successor – It can be internal or external. Internal lateral movements are motivating and set growth path within the organization. External hiring can bring in new skills, energy, and attitude to open up learning and growth opportunities.
- It is just for leadership roles – It supports best when planned for
- critical roles across hierarchy,
- people managers holding teams of large size or work that is critical to business continuity,
- roles which require niche skills or talent availability is a challenge,
- roles which are holding a critical client base, etc.
- We should only take one person – succession planning works alongside business & organization structure changes. It is a good opportunity to re-look roles, product/function management, business pivots, expansion in geographies and define them differently if/when required.
- It is needed only as a backup to retirement planning – It is actually a process that helps plan for business continuity & growth.